It was Ainsley’s turn to choose dinner last night. She chose red skin mashed potatoes with carrots and broccoli.
After our girls were snug in their beds, Greg headed out to play poker. Ainsley ended up sneaking down to ask for a date night with Mama. Mama couldn’t resist! I love my one-on-one time with my girls as I always welcome their company within limits, and considering our girls are normally sleeping by 7:00, letting her stay up until 8:30 is okay once in awhile.
Nevertheless, while Ainsley and I played Legos together while watching the Olympics, I was explaining how we just watched an American swimmer break a World Record. Ainsley began asking many questions including if there were world records for everything.
I said, “Yes there are. You can set a world record for just about anything.” Her face then lit up as she asked, “For eating too?!” “Yup, Ainsley, for eating too.” She then asserted that she could totally set her own world record. She was so stinkin’ cute that I had to capture her on video and share it with Greg. Unfortunately, I had little memory left on my phone, but here is what I did capture….
I grew up eating mashed potatoes, but they weren’t vegan. Now, I provide that same joy for my girls vegan style, and these mashed potatoes are super yummy and a huge hit with both Ainsley and Sydney.
- 2.5 pounds of red skin potatoes
- 2-3 TBSP of Earth Balance coconut butter
- ½ cup Flax Milk
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Wash and cut the potatoes. Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until soft. Strain and add the potatoes to a mixing bowl.
- Add you coconut butter, flax milk and salt and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add additional coconut butter and/or flax milk to taste.