Hydrating Strawberry Coconut Pineapple Smoothie
A Gluten-Free Vegan Mom WHo Knows: Priscilla Matuon
Recipe type: Smoothie
- 1 Organic Thai Coconut*
- 1 Small Organic Pineapple
- 1 lb Organic Strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 8 oz Coconut Water* OR Filtered Water
- Open your coconut: Trim off the top of your coconut. Take the edge/corner of your meat cleaver blade and hit the largest/thinnest section (your coconut has three sections - two are smaller, one larger - you want to stroke the middle of the larger section). Once the blade punctures your coconut, do a little twist of the wrist and the top will pop off. It is super easy once you know what your doing!
- Pour the Thai coconut water into your the pitcher of your blender and then scrape meat out of the coconut and into the pitcher.
- Cut your pineapple into large chunks while setting aside the skin, core and top for your compost pile. Add the pineapple chunks to your blender (if your pineapple is too large, you may not need to use all of it - I set some aside and then top it off with them remaining pineapple in my VitaMix once I add the remaining ingredients).
- Add the strawberries and additional coconut water and blend.
- This recipe makes a full VitaMix pitcher and fills approximately 5 bigmouth Ball jars.
- Drink immediately or jar and store for up to 24-48 hours.
* Inorganic "imported coconuts are dipped in fungicide, thus contaminating both the meat and the liquid" (Dr. Douglas Graham). Be sure to contact the company's procedures before buying your organic Thai coconut. *I use Harmless Harvest 100% Raw Coconut Water, and when that is not available, I'll use filtered water instead.
Opening a Thai coconut instructions:
Much Love! ~Priscilla